The mission of La Casa Cultural Latina is to promote a welcoming and dynamic atmosphere through the development of educational, cultural, socio-political, and social programs that lead to greater recruitment, retention, advancement, and empowerment of Latina/o students. La Casa engages current and future leaders through mentorship, civic engagement, and the promotion of social advocacy.
- Anticipate and respond to the changing needs of Latina/o students and communities in order to promote the physical, mental, emotional, and social wellness vital to student academic success and personal growth.
- Create an inclusive campus for students from diverse backgrounds and increase cultural awareness of the diversity within the Latina/o community through educational, cultural, and social programming.
- Encourage student academic and professional development through personal and sustained interaction with staff, faculty, students, and community members to promote advancement through access to campus and community resources.
- Develop community outreach programs to enhance recruitment and retention of Latinas/os in higher education and to serve as a resource to Latina/o communities at the local, regional, and state levels.
- Maintain and nurture a broad network of stakeholders including alumni, policy makers, and community leaders to respond to the demographic changes in Latina/o communities at the local, regional, state, and national levels.
- Ensure that La Casa programs meet the needs and goals of Latina/o students and further the academic mission of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign through program evaluation and assessment.